Thursday, October 16, 2008

While Scott was trekking across Oregon and Washington, I was running in the Charlottesville Women's Four Miler on August 30th. This race raises money for the Breast Care Program at UVA and this is my second year. The weather the week before was so lovely, cool and rainy. But, when the morning of the race arrived, the temperature shot up to over 85 degrees and the sun was blazing. They took at least 3 runners away in ambulances. I had hoped to finish the race in under 45 minutes this year but finished at 46:02. I'm satisfied with that considering the heat.

Vanessa shot this video of me sprinting across the finish line. The lady with me gave me the encouragement I needed to keep running and even pass a couple of runners there are the end when all I wanted to do was stop. I don't know her name but I thank her from the bottom of my running shoes!

No comments: